The CMRAO builds trust in condo management services and protects condominium communities by:
- Administering a mandatory licensing system for all condo managers and management companies, and ensuring that only qualified people with the appropriate training and education hold a license.
- Maintaining an online list of licensed condo managers and condo management provider companies. This public registry provides information about all licensees, including any details about suspensions, revocations or any disciplinary actions taken against a CMRAO licensee.
- Promoting and enforcing compliance with the Condominium Management Services Act, 2015, licensing requirements and a Code of Ethics.
- Handling complaints about licensees by conducting inspections or investigations, helping to resolve issues, holding discipline hearings and taking corrective actions.
- Preparing to establish training and education requirements for condo managers (currently set by the Minister of Government and Consumer Services).
- Promoting awareness of the new regulatory system for condo management.