Licensing exemptions

Condo corporations that manage their own affairs do not need a licence, but a corporation that pays a director of their board to assist them in managing the condo corporation must ensure that these people are not providing condo management services (as defined above). If a director of a condo board is receiving compensation for providing condo management services, then that director would need to hold a Transitional General Licence or a General Licence. A person with a Limited Licence must be employed by a licensed condo management provider firm to provide condo management services. 

Some people may be exempt for from licensing if they are providing services within the authority of their profession (for example, lawyers, engineers, architects, accountants). For information about those exempt from licensing, please see Section 2 of the General Regulation.