All licences issued by the CMRAO must be renewed annually.
As part of the licence renewal application, licensees will be required to answer the questions below. If you answer ‘yes’ to any of these questions, you must provide an explanation and/or supporting documentation – please have these documents ready when
you log into your profile to renew your licence.
The following questions are similar to the ones that were asked on the initial licence application:
- In the past 12 months, have you been involved in bankruptcy, consumer proposal or proposal proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act?
- In the past 12 months, were you an officer, director or majority shareholder of a corporation which has been declared bankrupt or that is presently a party to bankruptcy or proposal proceedings under the Bankruptcy and Insolvency Act?
- Do you have any unpaid judgements outstanding against you from a court, administrative tribunal or regulatory body?
- In the past 12 months, have you been terminated from employment with cause or due to issues related to competence or failure in managing and accounting for money in a responsible manner?
- In the past 12 months, have you had a professional licence or registration refused, suspended, revoked or voluntarily terminated during an investigation?
- In the past 12 months, have you been found guilty or convicted of an offence under any law, or are there charges pending, including those with a conditional, absolute discharge or stayed charges? This question refers to charges under any law, with the
exception of offences under the Highway Traffic Act and parking tickets, which are not reported in police record checks?
- Are you currently under investigation or party in a proceeding of a regulatory/licensing body that is considering professional misconduct, incompetency or incapacity?
- In the past 12 months, have any findings of professional negligence been made against you in any civil or criminal proceeding within or outside of Canada?
- In the past 3 years, were you named in any law suit or litigation related to property or condo management that was filed against you or a company for which you were a director or officer?