Types of licences

The CMRAO issues three types of licences depending on your level of experience and education in condo management. The fourth type of licence is for condo management companies.

Education requirements

The requirements for each licence vary depending on the education that an individual has obtained prior to November 1, 2017.

Insurance requirements

Every licensed condo management company, regardless of size, must maintain errors and omissions, as well as fidelity insurance coverage.

Licensing exemptions

Some people may be exempt from licensing if they are providing services within the authority of their profession.

Application Instructions

Individuals and companies providing condo management services must apply online for a licence. The deadline to apply for a licence was March 30, 2018. After March 30, 2018, no person or company can legally provide condo management services unless they have a licence or have submitted a licence application.